To install COMSOL Multiphysics 5.0 using the Class Kit License:
NOTE: the old instructions will most likely fail as our license agreement is out of date. The new procedure for installation on a Mac is to copy the COMSOL folder from the Applications folder on a Mac on which the software is already installed. I have it on a flash drive if you prefer. If you have a PC you will be out of luck because Gross.
———- The following has been deprecated. (Wednesday, August 2, 2017 )————–
To download the software, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.comsol.com/product-download&k=p4Ly7qpEBiYPBVenR9G2iQ%3D%3D%0A&r=0hMAgbJgfRZEecJ9z8vFg72r%2BS56ZtTJffzaHf0IMdg%3D%0A&m=uUbCo6Lf%2BNCH9DctVw8CJ6BZU3RZ9c4by6igXJ2BGt8%3D%0A&s=9475572658413c6811bbaea0aecafcfb0514cfe0cc06fc6fec10d78b11696aa2.
- Log in using the COMSOL Access account…
user name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Version 5.0
BLUEHIVE and COMSOL 5.3 – Last edited 07/03/2019 by Alec Salminen
To access COMSOL through BLUEHIVE on the lab computer please follow these instructions:
- Create an account with CIRC through the following link: https://registration.circ.rochester.edu/register
- Enroll in DUO: https://www.rochester.edu/it/security/duo/enrollment/
- On the lab computer, open up Terminal and type the following comand (replace [netID] with your ID): ssh -N -L 1718:circ-license-manager:1718 [netID]@bluehive.circ.rochester.edu
- Hit enter, and enter your password when prompted
- Accept the DUO authorization request
- Open COMSOL and you should be good to go!